CATEGORIES & PRIZES
All riders will race La Leyenda in pairs. There are 2 professional categories, 5 amateur categories and 2 special jerseys for the racers.
|UCI Male Elite||Two male riders (19 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place with valid UCI elite licenses)|
|UCI Female Elite||Two female riders (19 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place with valid UCI elite licenses)|
|Open Male||Two male riders (19 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place)|
|Open Female||Two female riders (19 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place)|
|Open Mixed||1 male and 1 female riders (19 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place)|
|Masters||Two male riders (40 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place)|
|Grandmasters||Two male riders (50 and older on 31/12 of the year in which the race takes place)|
|King of the Volcano||For the best male climbing team|
|Queen of the Volcano||For the best female climbing team|
There will be a presentation ceremony for the 3 highest placed teams in each stage and GC leaders shortly after they have finished each stage where GC leaders will receive their Official Leyenda Leaders jersey. There will also be an additional presentation during dinner for all the racers to see. The overall winners of each category will receive an Official Leyenda trophy and their prizes at the ceremony after stage 6.
UCI MALE ELITE & UCI FEMALE ELITE: UCI ELITE LICENSED TEAMS
|Position||General Classification||Stage Classification|
- Any rider wishing to compete in this category and be eligible to earn prize money must be in possession of a valid and current international UCI elite or U23 racing license and have at least one valid UCI point in any UCI elite or U23 mountain bike or road discipline in the current or previous season.
- Any rider wishing to compete in this category and be eligible to earn UCI Points must be in possession of a valid and current international UCI elite or U23 racing license.
- The men’s and women’s categories are UCI licensed races. Teams in the men’s or women’s category that wish to compete for prize money and that would like their race results to contribute to their riders’ accumulated UCI point ranking must register as UCI pro-elite category riders during online registration, at which time they must provide their UCI international racing license numbers.
- All UCI pro-elite category riders must wear identical kit (jerseys and shorts) during each day of the race.
- Prize money is awarded per team.
- Teams are eligible for stage prize money even if they do not complete the entire race (except in the event of disqualification).
- All prize money is in Euros and will be paid via Bank Transfer.
- Read all the rules but particularly 5.1 to 5.4 and Section C which specifically apply to UCI racers.
La Leyenda trophies are designed and handmade by El Palomar Ceramics in Cali, Colombia. El Palomar was founded in 1975 by the Phazan family and uses the finest raw materials and processes inspired by the Pre- Colombian traditions of Andean Cultures, combined with that of more recent colonial times. Having developed their own distinct style, blending classic and contemporary designs, they are the perfect choice to create our very desirable trophies.
The process begins by forming the clay with just the right mineral content to give the ceramics their signature finish, then they are hand moulded and dried for several days. Next the trophies are hand painted using a mixture of glazes, oxide and pigments, including gold which is very apt for a race called La Leyenda del Dorado. Finally they are placed in a kiln at 1100 °C, baking the clay and transforming the glazes, oxides and pigments to their final finish, making a stunning edition to any trophy cabinet.